Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Who do you trust?

Who do you trust? 30 Dec 2013 02:57 #362

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
Monsanto has done to much to humanity to be in my future. Did you guys know there used to be a ride at Disneyland that was called "Inner Space"? That is crazy to me because the happiest place on earth promoted Monsanto and Monsanto is targeting and farmers and killing us! Grrr:(

What do you all think about them?

image_2013-12-30.jpg
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Who do you trust? 30 Dec 2013 07:31 #363

• CDfromKY
  • Wise Old Gardener
  • Good Job(s): 18
I do not trust any statement made by the Bio-Tech Companies!

AS a Nurse I've always said 90% of human illnesses is caused by what we eat. I started saying that in the early eighties. I did not realize then how right I was and even more so now.

I am a victim of GMO foods so I have had to become very smart about their effect on the human body. I became gluten intolerant at about the same time GMO wheat came on the Market in the late 90's. I owned a donut shop at the time. I ate lots of donuts! What are donuts made from? High gluten wheat flour! The more I ate the more ill I became. GMO contaminated wheat CAUSES gluten intolerance but I didn't know that then and I was eating "healthy" home made whole wheat bread also!!! BUT I never made the connection between what I was eating and my failing health. Well, silly me!

By 2003 I had sold the donut shop and went back to Nursing and working in a Hospital in AZ. The donuts were gone but I was still eating healthy home made "whole wheat" bread and felt more and more ill. I love bread and didn't have a clue Whole wheat bread was my enemy. By 2005 I was forced to seek medical help as my symptoms became more acute. I developed acute cranial nerve six inflammation and was diagnosed with Acute optical neuralgia with migraine, etiology unknown. ( A fancy word meaning they had no idea what was causing all this havoc in my brain!) I had too many other symptoms TNTM here but shall list them later. In 2005 the medical community was still fairly naive about GMO foods. I was also diagnosed with Hypertension and a malfunctioning thyroid. But that didn't explain all the myriad of other symptoms.

In 2005 my Opthamologist gave me a clue so I did the research and made the connection between gluten and my constant state of feeling ill. Five days after I went on a gluten free diet I began to feel alive again. The difference is remarkable and is almost beyond description! Several times I tested myself and I have sufficiently proven to me that gluten is the culprit. By 2008 I was doing fine UNTIL I took three small bites of pizza! ( Another of my food weaknesses) Pizza crust is made from high gluten flour. That landed me in the Urgent Care Center with Cranial Nerve 6 inflammation again and all the accompanying symptoms! After that episode the testing came to an end fast. I am convinced. Since that time no more testing on myself. But beware! There are so many hidden sources of gluten one must become an avid label reader and learn the semantics of the gluten world to eliminate those from one's diet. I know the next day when I have ingested a hidden source of gluten, the SAME SYMPTOMS occur consistently.

And do not even try to convince me our food supply has not been contaminated with GMO pollens! I am being proven right about that too!

Now, in 2013, I have learned so much more because the scientific studies are out there. I continue avoiding GMO foods, it's a matter of health vs constant illness.

The next post I will have links to valuable information and a list of symptoms.

Have a Happy New Year Ya'll!
Mother Nature is my Teacher
Horses are my loves
And I can become awed
By a pair of Mourning Doves

Who do you trust? 30 Dec 2013 09:42 #372

• AdminEric
  • "Chickenman" or "Palletman"
  • Expert Member
  • Good Job(s): 26
CDfromKY wrote:
I do not trust any statement made by the Bio-Tech Companies!

AS a Nurse I've always said 90% of human illnesses is caused by what we eat. I started saying that in the early eighties. I did not realize then how right I was and even more so now.

I am a victim of GMO foods so I have had to become very smart about their effect on the human body. I became gluten intolerant at about the same time GMO wheat came on the Market in the late 90's. I owned a donut shop at the time. I ate lots of donuts! What are donuts made from? High gluten wheat flour! The more I ate the more ill I became. GMO contaminated wheat CAUSES gluten intolerance but I didn't know that then and I was eating "healthy" home made whole wheat bread also!!! BUT I never made the connection between what I was eating and my failing health. Well, silly me!

By 2003 I had sold the donut shop and went back to Nursing and working in a Hospital in AZ. The donuts were gone but I was still eating healthy home made "whole wheat" bread and felt more and more ill. I love bread and didn't have a clue Whole wheat bread was my enemy. By 2005 I was forced to seek medical help as my symptoms became more acute. I developed acute cranial nerve six inflammation and was diagnosed with Acute optical neuralgia with migraine, etiology unknown. ( A fancy word meaning they had no idea what was causing all this havoc in my brain!) I had too many other symptoms TNTM here but shall list them later. In 2005 the medical community was still fairly naive about GMO foods. I was also diagnosed with Hypertension and a malfunctioning thyroid. But that didn't explain all the myriad of other symptoms.

In 2005 my Opthamologist gave me a clue so I did the research and made the connection between gluten and my constant state of feeling ill. Five days after I went on a gluten free diet I began to feel alive again. The difference is remarkable and is almost beyond description! Several times I tested myself and I have sufficiently proven to me that gluten is the culprit. By 2008 I was doing fine UNTIL I took three small bites of pizza! ( Another of my food weaknesses) Pizza crust is made from high gluten flour. That landed me in the Urgent Care Center with Cranial Nerve 6 inflammation again and all the accompanying symptoms! After that episode the testing came to an end fast. I am convinced. Since that time no more testing on myself. But beware! There are so many hidden sources of gluten one must become an avid label reader and learn the semantics of the gluten world to eliminate those from one's diet. I know the next day when I have ingested a hidden source of gluten, the SAME SYMPTOMS occur consistently.

And do not even try to convince me our food supply has not been contaminated with GMO pollens! I am being proven right about that too!

Now, in 2013, I have learned so much more because the scientific studies are out there. I continue avoiding GMO foods, it's a matter of health vs constant illness.

The next post I will have links to valuable information and a list of symptoms.

Have a Happy New Year Ya'll!

I completely agree! GMO foods are bad news. I was surprised (pleasantly) to read "AS a Nurse I've always said 90% of human illnesses is caused by what we eat." Typically, in my experience, nurses don't believe that. Glad you are doing better.

Who do you trust? 30 Dec 2013 12:05 #376

• CDfromKY
  • Wise Old Gardener
  • Good Job(s): 18
Here's a list of symptoms I get if I ingest GMO foods, especially gluten foods. Please remember everyone is different. I will CAUTION every one; if you consistently have these symptoms please visit your Doctor BEFORE you conclude it's the GMO food.

You might be eating GMO foods/gluten intolerant if......

You have the following symptoms:

Neurological: Headache (localized behind one or both eyes), double vision, dizziness, difficulty with balance, memory deficit, difficulty with thought focus, (fuzzy brain), insomnia, low energy, fatigue

Digestive system: Nausea, occasional vomiting, heart burn, Abdominal bloating/swelling, abdominal tenderness, loose crampy stools,(with lots of undigested food bits) stinky gas, diarrhea,

And a constant overall feeling of being ill all the time and sometimes aching all over even though temperature is normal.

Here's a link to an interesting article.

foodmatters.tv/articles-1/the-truth-is-out-on-genetically-modified-foods-and-its-not-pretty
Mother Nature is my Teacher
Horses are my loves
And I can become awed
By a pair of Mourning Doves

Who do you trust? 30 Dec 2013 16:06 #377

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
CDfromKY wrote:
Here's a list of symptoms I get if I ingest GMO foods, especially gluten foods. Please remember everyone is different. I will CAUTION every one; if you consistently have these symptoms please visit your Doctor BEFORE you conclude it's the GMO food.

You might be eating GMO foods/gluten intolerant if......

You have the following symptoms:

Neurological: Headache (localized behind one or both eyes), double vision, dizziness, difficulty with balance, memory deficit, difficulty with thought focus, (fuzzy brain), insomnia, low energy, fatigue

Digestive system: Nausea, occasional vomiting, heart burn, Abdominal bloating/swelling, abdominal tenderness, loose crampy stools,(with lots of undigested food bits) stinky gas, diarrhea,

And a constant overall feeling of being ill all the time and sometimes aching all over even though temperature is normal.

Here's a link to an interesting article.

foodmatters.tv/articles-1/the-truth-is-out-on-genetically-modified-foods-and-its-not-pretty

Thanks for all the great information!!!
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...
  • Page:

Moderators: MKK-FARMS