TOPIC: Troubling News - Organic Food

Troubling News - Organic Food 05 Feb 2014 14:36 #964

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
angelas_2008 wrote:
HFI_Matt wrote:

She changed her diet not her water consumption and got better results. Now just so we are clear are you a supporter of Monsanto or any genetically modified seeds? CD does not seem like she is attacking or blaming anyone here at least. I'm really curious because this site is mostly geared toward growing organically using non-GMO seeds so to come here just to stir the pot is not okay with me.

Evidently, you also read in between line what is not there. No I do not support Monsanto. Also, I would like to point out that since the early 50's issues with gluten sensitivity has increased dramatically according to researchers at Mayo I believe. Long before monsanto and genetic splicing. This is due to the increased use of gluten in many lines of foods for things as simple as texture. That people are predisposed to a situation and the straw that breaks the camel's back is monsanto does not make monsanto the only and singular cause. You people do not understand what can happen with half lives of farming chemicals, increased used of products such as gluten, continued use of preservatives, and the constant, always constant, petroleum chemicals in the environment. But you are quick to jump on studies which are biased from the beginning, or what action groups say. All studies can be twisted to show a desired result by leaving out critical datum. Activists make a living by doing exactly what the big corporation and government do in disseminating part truths and misleading trails.
I made a living cleaning up oil spills and contaminated former and current gas stations. I saw what most people do not and know what the limits are for these chemicals you cannot detect using the equipment employed by most city water utilities. A life time of consumption by the most puritan of people (meaning they do not over indulge in booze or tobacco and such) will still result in strange illnesses and cancers which cannot be explained except that they were genetically predisposed to cancer. They might be less resistant to constant chemical bombardment, but they aren't going to get sick just because they are, there has to be a trigger, be it smog, contaminated water, nano-traces of chemicals in foods, preservatives and coloring or stabilizers. What I am saying is there is always something else that is usually not taken into account for a given situation simply because the FDA says we have no long term data on that because we cannot measure to theoretical limits. An example is young women wearing a overly tight bra for all of their adult life which traps these minute traces of bad chemicals in tissue which cannot deal with accumulated concentrations.

I did not misread anything, I asked you a simple question. You did not answer my question neither, and now you're just giving me a bunch of blah blah blah. Which by the way these are all things that I've heard before. They're all a smokescreen and I will definitely not be arguing these points here considering the site is geared towards growing organically using non-GMO seeds. Now, if you cannot retard your endless trails I have no problem kicking you off my site.

Another thing I find that is funny is you referred to us as "you people". Now to me that would imply that you are not part of the people here. That did not come from my mouth, you separated yourself.

"are you a supporter of Monsanta oh or any genetically modified seeds?" If you did not notice that question was a two-parter.

Get involved in other things on the website other than the giveaway and this forum so I can see you actually want to be here for a good reason.

Have a nice day...
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Good Job(s) from: streetwalker, CDfromKY

Troubling News - Organic Food 05 Feb 2014 19:02 #965

streetwalker wrote:
Angela,

I continue to be perplexed by your responses. They do not address my original post in any way.

It is difficult to read and digest your arguments in the form you present them.

I will attempt to summarize your arguments:

1) You believe we are over-reacting to GMO/GE's.

2) Organic foods are a fallacy, because pollutants and other harmful "things" are inescapable and present everywhere.

I and, likely, many other members would be delighted to debate these points with you if you can present them in a cogent, concise and structured manner. You are always welcome to your opinions, but your arguments need to be presented in an understandable manner.

I must say, that I was offended by your reference to "You people..." and "Don't understand..."

First, as a member of this group, you are part of a family, albeit a family that may have differing opinions.

Second, this is a group of intelligent and educated people. Many of us are highly informed/educated on GMO's/GE, organic practices/issues and the environment in general. We may disagree with you, but please don't assume that we "don't understand."

yep, pretty much if you didn;t know about the Mayo study but want to point fingers. And, why do you think companies like monsanto stay in business? Because people work for these companies because they can't go elsewhere and are making foods using products which cannot be verified. It's all good when it's posted online or in a magazine article, but if you work for a company financed by China, owned by Dupont, supplies widgets that Monsanto needs to do it's work, where is the real problem? And it's also good to buy local, but understand that GMO pollen and pollinators do not understand fences and property boundaries and little farmers might not even realize that the water they use can contain someone's prescription, gasoline, or insect spray.
Think about it the next time you see families having fun on the nation's reservoirs in their house and ski boats and that they almost always use water color or coliform counts to determine how much chlorine to add to the water before it's sent out into municipal water systems and may send it off for lab analysis if strange colors show up. As it relates to your post is that it's not only overseas that has issues you should be attendant to. It's right here in your own city or county maybe.

Troubling News - Organic Food 05 Feb 2014 19:04 #966

oh, and so I don't upset those who know more than I, I'll bopw out so that you all can live in harmony, ok? Thanks

Troubling News - Organic Food 05 Feb 2014 23:12 #970

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
angelas_2008 wrote:

yep, pretty much if you didn;t know about the Mayo study but want to point fingers. And, why do you think companies like monsanto stay in business? Because people work for these companies because they can't go elsewhere and are making foods using products which cannot be verified. It's all good when it's posted online or in a magazine article, but if you work for a company financed by China, owned by Dupont, supplies widgets that Monsanto needs to do it's work, where is the real problem? And it's also good to buy local, but understand that GMO pollen and pollinators do not understand fences and property boundaries and little farmers might not even realize that the water they use can contain someone's prescription, gasoline, or insect spray.
Think about it the next time you see families having fun on the nation's reservoirs in their house and ski boats and that they almost always use water color or coliform counts to determine how much chlorine to add to the water before it's sent out into municipal water systems and may send it off for lab analysis if strange colors show up. As it relates to your post is that it's not only overseas that has issues you should be attendant to. It's right here in your own city or county maybe.

Ummm, lets make sure you are contributing to the community in a "good" way from here on out. I can hardly understand you. Your wisdom is far beyond us simple gardening fok...

You know, real wisdom is speaking in a matter that people can understand. Otherwise you are just an annoying drum.

Don't worry, be happy;)
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...
Good Job(s) from: CDfromKY

Moderators: MKK-FARMS