Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Huntington Beach, Ca here:)

Huntington Beach, Ca here:) 21 Jan 2014 05:52 #754

• Channahs
  • Runs with Scissors
  • Good Job(s): 3
Hey CDfromKY I lived in Sholow and Springerville AZ for about a year. Being born and raised in Texas, that was an awesome experience for me. I loved it.

Now I live in Benton, Arkansas and have been here for about 25 years. It's actually quite perfect for me. Not so humid as the deep south, but still we may or may not get enough snow to build a snowman. I love the abundance of trees with ridges and mountains.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Huntington Beach, Ca here:) 23 Jan 2014 15:21 #860

We have 40 acres in between Show Low & Springerville!! We plan to retire up there when hubby is ready to retire. We love it up there. I am originally from Ok & it reminds me of parts of OK.

Huntington Beach, Ca here:) 27 Jan 2014 11:40 #880

• Jandrus
Long Beach, CA... so grateful that we're having such a nice beautiful winter, but yikes.... the summer will test us with water, won't it? The girls are dust bathing in the back yard, and I'm getting 7/9 eggs a day. Amazing for this time of year.

Now. If I could just convince the City Council it's legal. Ugh.

Have a great one everyone.

Huntington Beach, Ca here:) 27 Jan 2014 16:53 #885

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
homesteadmom wrote:
We have 40 acres in between Show Low & Springerville!! We plan to retire up there when hubby is ready to retire. We love it up there. I am originally from Ok & it reminds me of parts of OK.

Be sure to share some of what you plan on doing there on your land:) Is there a river going through it? I want to live through you! Ha ha ha!

Matt
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...

Huntington Beach, Ca here:) 27 Jan 2014 16:59 #886

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
Jandrus wrote:
Long Beach, CA... so grateful that we're having such a nice beautiful winter, but yikes.... the summer will test us with water, won't it? The girls are dust bathing in the back yard, and I'm getting 7/9 eggs a day. Amazing for this time of year.

Now. If I could just convince the City Council it's legal. Ugh.

Have a great one everyone.

Agreed on the weather:) It's already feeling like spring around Huntington Beach and I am also thankful! My girls are laying everyday and seem to be speeding up.

What kinds of chickens do you have and what is going on with your city?

Matt

Huntington Beach, Ca here:) 28 Jan 2014 06:47 #914

No river but there is a well that my hubby's step dad put in. The land was a gift from my mother in law. It is remote(4 1/2 miles off the main highway). So no elec up there, we will have to go solar.
Right now we have a travel trailer we use to stay in up there. We plan on making it as self reliant a place as possible, a fruit orchard(no citrus though it gets too cold). I was told at the local farmers market by some gardeners that anything but citrus will grow up there.

We plan on having our goats(meat & dairy), chickens, cattle(beef & dairy), hogs, Llama's, alpaca's & ducks for the pond we will install. Not to mention a big garden. Plus we will grow all our own hay too. I have some friends here that want to me to grow wheat for them also( a little extra income they say).
Our place sits up on top of the White Mountains at about an elevation of 6000 feet. I will see if I can find a picture of it & post it. I took a few from the crest on the road one time, so you can see the whole property.
We have a lake just down the highway about 15 minutes that has good fishing in it too. And there is another (I call it a pond, but by AZ standards it is a lake) 25 minutes from us just outside Springerville. Of course these times are once you get out on the main highway. We have to open & close two gates coming down from our property to the highway.
But it is so quite & peaceful, no elec lines in the view. Occasionally you will hear one of the other people who live back there on a tractor or their dog bark(faintly). And at night the sky is so full of stars, that you can see clearly!!
And green everywhere!! Unlike here where we have about 4-5 shades of brown. And the temps are a lot cooler up there in the summer too!!
Only contention we have to deal with is it is windier up there.

Huntington Beach, Ca here:) 05 Jun 2014 12:39 #1489

• HBLovely49
  • Good Job(s): 2
Iowa born and raised just not a farmer. We live in a small town with a field and cows in town lol. Thing is we live in a subdivision and I cant raise chickens! :silly:

Huntington Beach, Ca here:) 05 Jun 2014 14:10 #1494

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
No chickens in a small town? That is crazy:(

Huntington Beach, Ca here:) 06 Jun 2014 11:25 #1501

Douglasville ga here. We have 3 acres and are moving to Tallapoosa ga. Where we'll have 101 acres 2 ponds couple of creeks. It's half pasture half wood. There's an old farm house from the 1920s there. We're going to slowly rebuild. I'm so excited I can barely stand it. We close in less then a month.

20140524_162315.jpg
Last Edit: 07 Jun 2014 13:38 by HFI_Matt.

Huntington Beach, Ca here:) 07 Jun 2014 13:39 #1505

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
Looks like some nice land:) The things I would do with it!!

Moderators: MKK-FARMS