Welcome, Guest
Introduce Yourself!

TOPIC: Hi, from Frank in the cold northeast Ks.

Hi, from Frank in the cold northeast Ks. 27 Dec 2013 20:07 #309

• Panda
  • Expert Member
  • Good Job(s): 41
HFI_Matt wrote:
Aside from pollinating and honey, what other things do you find bees to be beneficial for the home gardener/farmer? Do you do anything else with the pollen, their wax, etc. etc.?

We have been saving wax, but have we have not done anything with it yet. So nothing more then pollination and honey so far.
Come to my garden and sit with me...
Among the flowers and honey bees...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hi, from Frank in the cold northeast Ks. 07 Jan 2014 09:24 #524

• fmueseler
  • Good Job(s): 1
I am retired from UPRR here in Kansas, have a sister who lives in Bellingham WA. I live on the 416 A. farm in n.e. Ks where we grew up.
Farming on a small scale is great eh? Do you belong to a 4-H club? Great source of help and support.
Later
fmueseler

Hi, from Frank in the cold northeast Ks. 07 Jan 2014 10:12 #526

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
Panda wrote:
HFI_Matt wrote:
Aside from pollinating and honey, what other things do you find bees to be beneficial for the home gardener/farmer? Do you do anything else with the pollen, their wax, etc. etc.?

We have been saving wax, but have we have not done anything with it yet. So nothing more then pollination and honey so far.

That's awesome, maybe look into how to collect there pollen. I read or seen somewhere where the bees scrape it off and it lands in the bottom of the hives into collection plates. You can put B pollen in things like breads and smoothies:)
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...

Hi, from Frank in the cold northeast Ks. 07 Jan 2014 10:14 #527

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
fmueseler wrote:
I am retired from UPRR here in Kansas, have a sister who lives in Bellingham WA. I live on the 416 A. farm in n.e. Ks where we grew up.
Farming on a small scale is great eh? Do you belong to a 4-H club? Great source of help and support.
Later

My farm is so small it is a backyard:) And yes, farming on a small scale has definitely been great for us! No, I'm not part of a 4-H club. What is it exactly?

Hi, from Frank in the cold northeast Ks. 07 Jan 2014 16:54 #530

• fmueseler
  • Good Job(s): 1
It is a youth group where you meet once a month and help each other on projects ranging from rockets to rabbits, chickens , gardening, sewing etc. Contact your county courthouse they should be able to direct you to a club.
fmueseler

Hi, from Frank in the cold northeast Ks. 15 Jan 2014 15:03 #675

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
fmueseler wrote:
It is a youth group where you meet once a month and help each other on projects ranging from rockets to rabbits, chickens , gardening, sewing etc. Contact your county courthouse they should be able to direct you to a club.

Oh, that sounds awesome!!! Thanks for the info:)
  • Page:

Moderators: MKK-FARMS