Welcome, Guest
Introduce Yourself!

TOPIC: Hello from Washington State

Hello from Washington State 17 Feb 2014 18:23 #1013

• LoriG
Urban farmer here in Everett, WA. My husband and I keep orpington hens for eggs and enjoyment and rabbits for meat, fur, and fertilizer. I enjoy gardening, canning and cooking and I can throw a mean pot on a potter's wheel.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hello from Washington State 18 Feb 2014 00:19 #1016

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
I keep one orpington and I have to say she is my fav:) Gives us some great tasting eggs and she is my little chicken.

I have one rabbit and she is my little fertilizer factory. I have had rabbit before and it was really good but not anymore. I know there will be others here that will love to talk about raising rabbits for meat so don't feel shy to bring up the subject ever. If you run into issues private message me;)

I am also a gardening addict and I cannot wait for spring!! I have done some canning and dehydrating but I am no pro so when I have questions I will be asking you.

If you ever feel up to it, maybe think about writing some articles on pottery! I am wanting to do it but I have 0 skills in that area. We have an area in our article section that covers pottery and we have one here on the forum as well so don't be shy and share:)

Welcome to our home and please make it yours! Make sure to share photos and stories of your chickens, rabbits, garden, etc etc:)

God Bless - Admin Matt
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...

Hello from Washington State 18 Feb 2014 16:29 #1025

• Panda
  • Expert Member
  • Good Job(s): 41
Hi Lori,
I live in a small town called Pacific, just south of Seattle Washington. Go Hawks! *giggle*
We have chickens, rabbits, bees and worms. A few squirrels and neighbor cats think that this is their home too.

Love to see peoples pictures of animals and gardens.
I love to post pictures too and feel free to ask questions there are a lot of helpful members here and I have learned a lot reading what they all have to say.

Welcome to the group!
Come to my garden and sit with me...
Among the flowers and honey bees...
  • Page:

Moderators: MKK-FARMS