Welcome, Guest
Introduce Yourself!

TOPIC: Hello From Benton, Arkansas

Hello From Benton, Arkansas 21 Jan 2014 10:01 #758

• Channahs
  • Runs with Scissors
  • Good Job(s): 3
Hi everyone, my name is Cyndi and I live in Benton, Arkansas. That's the south central part.

My husband and I live on 6 acres of land and currently have a large garden area, lavender orpington chickens, a couple of wienie dogs and a cat. My 21 year old son has a house bunny, but they will soon be moving into their own first home about a mile from us. Needless to say my nest will be empty and I will have to fill it with plenty to keep me busy.

I want my own house bunny, but my husband is not cooperating with me. I will eventually break him down. :)

I'm starting to feel the spring fever and I'm ready to plant! I've got eggs in the incubator to sell straight run, I'm hoarding hatching eggs to sell, and I have paired up lavender orpingtons that will lay in the spring. Everyone in Arkansas is starting to feel it. I love to barter and hope to trade some of my beautiful birds for other local livestock or consumables. What I really want outside of my own house bunny, are a couple of dairy goats. I want to make goats milk soap. :silly:

Nice to meet you all!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hello From Benton, Arkansas 21 Jan 2014 11:25 #775

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
Hey there my friend:) Welcome to our new site!!

I know I speak for everyone when I say we want to see all the craziness that you have going on at your house in the way of homesteading!

Ha ha ha!! Your poor husband:) How do you plan on breaking him down, are you going to deny him food, or are you going to make him wonderful dinners?

I'm definitely with you on the spring fever, I can't wait to get things going here. I have all my raised beds built and my brother-in-law is putting in a brand-new watering system for all the raised beds. He needed the work and I could afford to pay him for it.

Question on the eggs, do you do any shipping?

Make sure you look into our article section and try your hand at writing a couple:)
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...

Hello From Benton, Arkansas 21 Jan 2014 11:29 #776

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
Our admin Kathy wrote an article here on the site on making soap:) Chick it out!

Matt

Hello From Benton, Arkansas 21 Jan 2014 16:53 #822

• tracey_p
  • chicken addict
  • Good Job(s): 7
My hubby wants a bunny also. We had rabbits when my son showed them, so we won't have house bunnies again although we loved them. For now I'll just deal with my chicken addiction.
I have 7 silkie hens, 1 silkie roo,2 naked neck silkies, 1 frizzled silkie cockerel, 1 frizzled silkie pullet, 1 cochin, 1 frizzled cochin cockerel, 1 frizzled cochin pullet, and 8 polish pullets.

Hello From Benton, Arkansas 21 Jan 2014 17:44 #829

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
We have one bunny (Poop factory) and she is great:) Breaks stuff down for us into little fertilizer pellets. Ha ha ha!

Hello From Benton, Arkansas 21 Jan 2014 17:53 #830

• Channahs
  • Runs with Scissors
  • Good Job(s): 3
Haha! Best poop Evah! I make my son save every precious pellet for me. He fills up a styrofoam cup every day. I've had him pick them out of her litterbox! I love my grandbunny. Her name is Bun Jovi. She's victimized a few laptop cords and phone chargers, but she's totally worth it.
IMG_0185.jpg

Hello From Benton, Arkansas 21 Jan 2014 18:15 #835

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
I will keep my rabbit outside;) Ha ha ha!
  • Page:

Moderators: MKK-FARMS