Welcome, Guest
Introduce Yourself!

TOPIC: Hello from Acworth, Georgia (USA)

Hello from Acworth, Georgia (USA) 13 Jan 2014 20:14 #644

I clicked a link from Facebook to get here & am excited to be beginning my journey as a mini-homesteader. I have just over an acre lot with my house... I am still digging up the front yard for my raised-bed garden (bordered with concrete blocks for each row). I am hoping to build a chicken tractor out of wood from a building on the back of my property that I am going to try to take down. I have a co-worker who has plenty of chickens and is willing to give me a few chicks in the Spring. And I have to work on a tiny budget, an allergy to the sun, and the fact I am the only adult in my 3.5 person household. (The .5 is my oldest son, who is in college and literally seldom ever home.)Interested in everything I can find on raising chickens, goats and rabbits...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hello from Acworth, Georgia (USA) 13 Jan 2014 21:07 #650

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
OrganicMom13 wrote:
I clicked a link from Facebook to get here & am excited to be beginning my journey as a mini-homesteader. I have just over an acre lot with my house... I am still digging up the front yard for my raised-bed garden (bordered with concrete blocks for each row). I am hoping to build a chicken tractor out of wood from a building on the back of my property that I am going to try to take down. I have a co-worker who has plenty of chickens and is willing to give me a few chicks in the Spring. And I have to work on a tiny budget, an allergy to the sun, and the fact I am the only adult in my 3.5 person household. (The .5 is my oldest son, who is in college and literally seldom ever home.)Interested in everything I can find on raising chickens, goats and rabbits...

Well, guess what? You are in the right place:) We just opened the site not to long ago and are trying to move all our members from our facebook page (fb.com/HomeFarmIdeas) to this site so we can start building a good amount of data!

The two main areas of the site is the forum (you found it!) and the article section. The forum is more for questions from newcomers and people who are a bit more seasoned to help them. The article section is for members that have something they would like to teach others how to do:)

If you know how to do something and you want to write an article give it a shot HERE!

But 1st things 1st, update your profile so we know a little more about you my friend:)

I am working on the sites FAQ page and a Welcome page laying out how to do mostly everything on the site and I think that will help all members a lot.

Please share your photo's of things around your homestead and ask questions as needed:)

Happy your with us and God Bless you and yours!

Admin Matt
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:

Moderators: MKK-FARMS