Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: round up poison????

round up poison???? 08 Jul 2014 10:19 #1946

my gardner sprayed round up in an area that the chicks like to peck at. Is it ok for them or would it be harmful? If so, how long before they can go back to that area??

Ladyjeep
The administrator has disabled public write access.

round up poison???? 08 Jul 2014 10:45 #1947

• CDfromKY
  • Wise Old Gardener
  • Good Job(s): 18
Round Up is not good for chickens or any animal, including man. It takes a long time (6 months?) to break down in the soil. I would consider it a toxin and is part of the reason bees and birds ( toxic flowers, toxic insects) are dying The USDA AND FDA have set limits of tolerance for us but it is a lie. Monsanto has their dollar fingers and ex employees planted in the Government and legislation is geared toward their business. They are the largest manufacturer of Round up. It could potentially kill your chickens or make them very ill. Do some research on it and don't read anything about it from Monsanto, they lie about it. It has been banned in many countries overseas.

Here's the thing: VINEGAR FULL STRENGTH IS AS EFFECTIVE AS ROUND UP AND A LOT LESS TOXIC. Encourage your gardener to use vinegar! We need to stop poisoning this planet.
Mother Nature is my Teacher
Horses are my loves
And I can become awed
By a pair of Mourning Doves
Last Edit: 08 Jul 2014 10:48 by CDfromKY.
Good Job(s) from: HFI_Matt

round up poison???? 08 Jul 2014 13:36 #1950

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
I am in total agreement with you CD! That trash is unnecessary and damaging to our soils. Vinegar works better and you can also use boiling hot water:) Both are totally organic and will encourage healthy soil!
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...

round up poison???? 08 Jul 2014 13:39 #1951

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
Ladyjeep wrote:
my gardner sprayed round up in an area that the chicks like to peck at. Is it ok for them or would it be harmful? If so, how long before they can go back to that area??

Ladyjeep

If you can keep them away from that area I think that would be best my friend:) Let your gardener know that you do not want chemicals in your yard. There are organic methods they can use.
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...
  • Page:

Moderators: MKK-FARMS