Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Fungus gnats

Fungus gnats 10 Jun 2014 21:59 #1544

:ohmy: Help!!! I can't seem to get rid of these darn things! They are attacking every edible plant in my apartment! I have tried drying out the soil, Neem oil spray (repeatedly). Some lids filled with water and green apple dish soap, cucumber slices in tin foil cups. I'm at my wits end. I even cursed them like Jesus and the fig tree!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Fungus gnats 11 Jun 2014 00:10 #1545

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
AngelaMacau wrote:
:ohmy: Help!!! I can't seem to get rid of these darn things! They are attacking every edible plant in my apartment! I have tried drying out the soil, Neem oil spray (repeatedly). Some lids filled with water and green apple dish soap, cucumber slices in tin foil cups. I'm at my wits end. I even cursed them like Jesus and the fig tree!

There is a few things you can try that I think will work for you my friend:)

1. Get a yellow card and glue it to a longer stick so you can push it into your pots soil(they like the color yellow). Coat the card with some petroleum jelly. They will try and land on the card and get stuck in the jelly:)

2. Take some vinegar and put it in a jar along with some rotting pieces of banana. Then take a sheet of paper and roll it into a tube shape as shown in the photo. Make sure to tap the sides of the tube so the gnats cannot get out. The tube will funnel the gnats down into the vinegar and they will die!

3. Get a Sundew plant:) They are a carnivorous plant. They will eat all your gnats! This site shows you how to care for it: CLICK HERE!

He who has a glass house should not cast stones...
Good Job(s) from: AngelaMacau, HBLovely49

Fungus gnats 11 Jun 2014 06:47 #1548

Thank you! I will try all three! I must find these sundew plants! >:D MUAHAHAHAHA!!!

Fungus gnats 11 Jun 2014 12:13 #1551

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
I knew you would like those:) Ha ha ha!! Can't stand gnats:(
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...
  • Page:

Moderators: MKK-FARMS