Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: worms

worms 18 Dec 2013 09:33 #61

• debbie
  • Good Job(s): 1
I have several raised bed gardens and I bought a bunch of topsoil last year..have been composting and adding to it but I seem to have a lack of worms..can i order some in the spring? where would I do that from? I know there are ways to grow meal worms but that seems pretty time intensive..
The administrator has disabled public write access.

worms 18 Dec 2013 10:04 #63

• CDfromKY
  • Wise Old Gardener
  • Good Job(s): 18
Go to a bait store and purchase red wigglers if they have them. All are good soil conditioners but red wigglers do it best! Spread them throughout your garden under about an inch of soil. They will do the rest.
Mother Nature is my Teacher
Horses are my loves
And I can become awed
By a pair of Mourning Doves

worms 18 Dec 2013 10:34 #66

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
debbie wrote:
I have several raised bed gardens and I bought a bunch of topsoil last year..have been composting and adding to it but I seem to have a lack of worms..can i order some in the spring? where would I do that from? I know there are ways to grow meal worms but that seems pretty time intensive..

Hi Debbie:)

Are you wanting to raise worms for your chickens or are you wanting to have them for composting?

Mealworms are easy to raise! I have 7 videos on building a mealworm farm all the way to harvesting them for your chickens:)

I will post those videos as well...
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...
Last Edit: 18 Dec 2013 10:36 by HFI_Matt.

worms 18 Dec 2013 10:37 #67

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
CDfromKY wrote:
Go to a bait store and purchase red wigglers if they have them. All are good soil conditioners but red wigglers do it best! Spread them throughout your garden under about an inch of soil. They will do the rest.

True:) Good idea on getting the worms!
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...
  • Page:

Moderators: MKK-FARMS