Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Registering Account

Registering Account 18 Dec 2013 16:46 #86

Hey Matt, Scott here. It took me a couple of tries to successfully register.
It happens a lot with me with a lot of sites. Problem always is that there are no instructions for each bit of data you have to enter. For example,I put a space between Backyard Chickens, didn't know I wasn't suppose to until the error message popped up. No biggie, all these entry forms are different and I always have to do them 3 or 4 times. Some have easy to see info next to them.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Registering Account 18 Dec 2013 17:11 #88

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
It's a good one:) We will probably get this this one at a later date but keep the improvements coming man! What do you think of the site as of yet?

Matt
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...

Registering Account 18 Dec 2013 21:15 #89

Scott,

Thanks for taking the time to register and post on the site.

This is Johnathan, the web dev.

Pertaining yo your inquiry on the registration form, would it be sufficient to have examples on the right side of the form fields or maybe within the fields themselves?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Johnathan
Last Edit: 18 Dec 2013 21:15 by johnathanamber.

Registering Account 31 Dec 2013 21:33 #399

BackyardChickens wrote:
Hey Matt, Scott here. It took me a couple of tries to successfully register.
It happens a lot with me with a lot of sites. Problem always is that there are no instructions for each bit of data you have to enter. For example,I put a space between Backyard Chickens, didn't know I wasn't suppose to until the error message popped up. No biggie, all these entry forms are different and I always have to do them 3 or 4 times. Some have easy to see info next to them.

Hey Scot,

I've implemented rollover effects with the mouse that give suggestions and information for each field. There is a hint at the top of the form which directs the user.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Happy New Year,
Johnathan
  • Page:

Moderators: MKK-FARMS