Welcome, Guest
We are looking to build a large (easy to access) library on everything from keeping chickens, organic gardening, aquaponics, to preserving all the foods we produce. So please consider writing articles for all our members to enjoy!

Post an article HERE!

TOPIC: Product Review - Debbie Meyer Green Bags

Product Review - Debbie Meyer Green Bags 14 Feb 2014 20:47 #996

• streetwalker
  • Good Job(s): 18
Debbiemeyers.jpg

Against your better judgement, have you ever purchased an "As Seen on TV" product, and been disappointed? That won't be the case with Debbie Meyer Green Bags.

These bags have become mainstream and are no longer among the ilk of the ever popular "boiled egg in a pouch."

I've used these bags for close to 7 years now and can tell you, they really work. I recently purchased organic carrots and forgot to place them in "the bag". They wilted within days, whereas, they would have been crisp and fresh for 3-4 weeks, otherwise. Cilantro is notorious for rapid decline in the fridge. I just used some crisp and fresh cilantro, placed in "the bag" two weeks ago.

The bags have some substance which inhibits the formation of ethylene gas, which naturally ripens your lovely fruits and veggies.

These bags can be rinsed and reused many times. It's probably not recommended, but I dry mine on the gentle cycle.

If you decide to take my advice, order some x-large sized bags, too. You'll thank me.

Rating from the Bunnell flock: 5 out of 5 Buh, buh buh, BWAAAS!

Here's the best place to buy them:

Debbiemeyers.jpg

www.luckyvitamin.com/sb-green-bags
Last Edit: 14 Feb 2014 20:50 by streetwalker.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Good Job(s) from: ksimon1775

Product Review - Debbie Meyer Green Bags 15 Feb 2014 08:09 #997

I love these bags! My mum got me some a few years ago and I use them all the time.

Product Review - Debbie Meyer Green Bags 15 Feb 2014 09:15 #998

• streetwalker
melissa_6053, I know, right!?! I start to panic when my supply of these bags get low. Please check out the link I included in my last post. The prices at this place are really reasonable. Cheers!

Product Review - Debbie Meyer Green Bags 03 Mar 2014 19:02 #1050

• moirakris
  • Good Job(s): 3
do these work for lettuce and greens?
~Christine~

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. - Marcus Tullius Cicero

Product Review - Debbie Meyer Green Bags 03 Mar 2014 19:11 #1051

• streetwalker
moirakris,

These bags work beautifully for lettuce and greens. I've had cilantro in one of these bags for over 2 weeks and their still as fresh as the day I bought it. Cilantro usually turns to mush within a couple of days.

Product Review - Debbie Meyer Green Bags 15 Jun 2014 21:51 #1607

Good to know, I may have to give them a try.

I've often gotten produce from the food bank and it went bad before I had a chance to process it.

Thanks for the tip.
  • Page:

Moderators: MKK-FARMS