Back to Eden Gardening 20 Dec 2013 21:13 #171

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
Panda wrote:
I really am looking forward to spring :side:

Me too and we will have this site filling up with info! :woohoo:
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Back to Eden Gardening 21 Dec 2013 11:39 #182

• Frank5921
  • Good Job(s): 4
This a picture of the tomatoe plant that was still flowering two weeks ago December 7th 2013!

And the picture of the last tomatoe I pick from it even thou it was green, I placed it in a brown paper bag and it eventually turned red.

CAM00466.jpg

CAM00480.jpg

CAM00465.jpg
I will always do my best, and God will handle the rest!
Last Edit: 11 Jun 2014 00:13 by HFI_Matt.

Back to Eden Gardening 21 Dec 2013 11:56 #185

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
Awesome, and I love the little pair tomatoes:) Those things are as sweet as candy!!

Back to Eden Gardening 21 Dec 2013 12:41 #187

• CDfromKY
  • Wise Old Gardener
  • Good Job(s): 18
Leaves and wood chips, never have to buy fertilizer again! Throw in some blood meal, mix in the leaves. I also use some greensand for microminerals. nitrogen problem solved. And give each little seedling a bit after they sprout their first true leaves. Their seed will nourish them through their first growth period. Careful with the N, too much= all leaves, no fruit! Please pardon me if you already know this! :0)
Mother Nature is my Teacher
Horses are my loves
And I can become awed
By a pair of Mourning Doves

Back to Eden Gardening 26 Dec 2013 12:58 #237

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
CDfromKY wrote:
Leaves and wood chips, never have to buy fertilizer again! Throw in some blood meal, mix in the leaves. I also use some greensand for microminerals. nitrogen problem solved. And give each little seedling a bit after they sprout their first true leaves. Their seed will nourish them through their first growth period. Careful with the N, too much= all leaves, no fruit! Please pardon me if you already know this! :0)

I try to add bloodmeal sometimes but I'm just not sure of the source of bloodmeal:( I like to know where everything is coming from. Any idea where to buy organic bloodmeal?
Last Edit: 26 Dec 2013 12:59 by HFI_Matt.

Back to Eden Gardening 26 Dec 2013 16:28 #253

• CDfromKY
  • Wise Old Gardener
Blood meal comes from animal slaughter houses. Of course it is processed so we humans won't get infected from any bad germs if they are present. Would have to find a place that slaughters "organic " animals. Ha ( That's a joke, son) I don't think there is such a thing as "organic" bloodmeal. I know it's recommended for organic gardens that's why I use it. It sure is a good source of nitrogen. Back in the late seventies/early eighties Human blood banks did give out their outdated blood till some idiot complained and the government ( who is wise and knows all things) ( that's another joke, son) put a stop to that. Heck, If I was polycythemic ( too many red blood cells) I'd just bleed on my plants! Free nitrogen, man!
Horses are my loves
And I can become awed

Back to Eden Gardening 26 Dec 2013 17:05 #262

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
CDfromKY wrote:
Blood meal comes from animal slaughter houses. Of course it is processed so we humans won't get infected from any bad germs if they are present. Would have to find a place that slaughters "organic " animals. Ha ( That's a joke, son) I don't think there is such a thing as "organic" bloodmeal. I know it's recommended for organic gardens that's why I use it. It sure is a good source of nitrogen. Back in the late seventies/early eighties Human blood banks did give out their outdated blood till some idiot complained and the government ( who is wise and knows all things) ( that's another joke, son) put a stop to that. Heck, If I was polycythemic ( too many red blood cells) I'd just bleed on my plants! Free nitrogen, man!

I know what your saying but in my mind if I do not know what the cow ate then it is likely that they where fed GMO's and that goes right into the blood. I am crazy like that;) Ha ha ha!

Just in my head my friend:)
Good Job(s) from: CDfromKY

Back to Eden Gardening 26 Dec 2013 17:25 #266

• CDfromKY
  • Wise Old Gardener
Matt, did you know mustard and kale will actually pull heavy metals and other contaminants out of the soil?. If you want to "cleanse" your soil just plant a big patch of mustard. Of course you'd have to discard it, it wouldn't be fit to eat. Having said that it would be prudent to never buy anything but organic mustard or kale leaves from the grocery store! Also if you use alfalfa for a cover crop it pulls all those minerals in the clay up because it has a long tap root. Dandelions also are excellent for that purpose too. I allowed some to grow in my strawberries this year and wow, my strawberries overcame their black spot and sent runners all over the place, even over into the asparagus.
Horses are my loves
And I can become awed

Back to Eden Gardening 26 Dec 2013 18:18 #276

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
CDfromKY wrote:
Matt, did you know mustard and kale will actually pull heavy metals and other contaminants out of the soil?. If you want to "cleanse" your soil just plant a big patch of mustard. Of course you'd have to discard it, it wouldn't be fit to eat. Having said that it would be prudent to never buy anything but organic mustard or kale leaves from the grocery store! Also if you use alfalfa for a cover crop it pulls all those minerals in the clay up because it has a long tap root. Dandelions also are excellent for that purpose too. I allowed some to grow in my strawberries this year and wow, my strawberries overcame their black spot and sent runners all over the place, even over into the asparagus.

Sure did my friend:) I am really wanting to try dandelion root tea to help with inflammation. Neck and back pain as of late!

Back to Eden Gardening 06 Jan 2014 12:27 #519

• Frank5921
  • Good Job(s): 4
This is just an update on my back to Eden garden lettuce. Understand this little lettuce plant seeded it's self from lettuce plants we had planted in spring 2013. I have been doing this system of gardening for little over a year, the wood chips have had plenty of time to break down. It's is now January 6th 2014 and this lettuce plant keeps on going. I am really pushing the boundaries of this back to Eden Gardening system. I haven't done anything to help this plant I just let it absorb the elements. It has snowed, twice, it was completely buried, the snow has again melted and it's still here. The temps have dropped down to single digits and it has a few burns on the leaves but you will notice fresh growth all around it. I will post a pic next.

CAM00613.jpg
I will always do my best, and God will handle the rest!
Last Edit: 11 Jun 2014 00:14 by HFI_Matt.
Good Job(s) from: CDfromKY, Panda

Moderators: MKK-FARMS