Our garden 2014 14 Jun 2014 18:38 #1580

• Brando13
  • Good Job(s): 13
20140530_071606.jpg

20140614_202555.jpg

20140614_072857.jpg

20140614_072904.jpg

20140614_072928.jpg

Here's our garden this year, decided on raised beds for a nicer look and plans to add on next year...Glass gem corn, 6-7 variety of maters, cukes, peppers, carrots, ambrosia sweet corn with butternut squash in the back, potatoes, peas, pumpkins, watermelon, gourds, luffa's, sunflowers, 3 types of basil, cilantro, lots of strawberries and more!
THINK, DESIGN AND BUILD!
Last Edit: 14 Jun 2014 19:19 by Brando13. Reason: pics
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Good Job(s) from: HBLovely49, offgridhermit, alex1230

Our garden 2014 14 Jun 2014 18:48 #1581

• Panda
  • Expert Member
  • Good Job(s): 41
Your gardens look beautiful. I love the raised bed idea. I am getting old and sitting on the ground gets harder and harder lol
Come to my garden and sit with me...
Among the flowers and honey bees...

Our garden 2014 14 Jun 2014 20:45 #1584

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
Wow Brandon:) I am loving the garden my friend! What's up with the crazy looking trellis? What is it made from?

Just a little FYI I sent you a private message...

Panda, your not old but my bones are starting to hurt as well so off the ground is best for sure! :woohoo:
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...

Our garden 2014 15 Jun 2014 07:09 #1589

• Brando13
Thank you,
I tend to get carried away when I build stuff, it all started with 4x12 beds and felt that it wasn't efficient, then this design came, and with it a ton of new ways to add on and expand (pergola with an outdoor kitchen and pizza stove, more beds ect.) in the middle and keep it all contained to one area, still ran out of room lol.

The cucumbet trellis is the newest doohickey I made, its from 1/2 EMT conduit bent with a wood disc cut from a 2x6, I had planted 12 cukes and soon realized the smaller one wouldn't be tall enough, and then bam! I can make one that will force it vine forwad and over the lettice patch to help shade in hot weather to hopefully prolong it's growth before bolting, we will see lol! It was fairly easy and I made it to easily detact and store away, and cost $15 to make!

Thanks for the invite Matt, I believe I will enjoy it here and definitely learn more and share ideas!
THINK, DESIGN AND BUILD!
Good Job(s) from: offgridhermit, laurencortina

Our garden 2014 15 Jun 2014 20:17 #1598

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
Bro! I totally get it:) Building one thing leads to another and for real, it is man fun! B)

I am at a point where I want to integrate my garden, chicken coop, and chicken run! I am all about trying to automate everything... Ha ha ha!

The more our chickens have freedom the happier they are. The happier they are the more eggs you get:)
(eggs)(eggs)(eggs)(eggs)(eggs)(eggs)(eggs)

Our garden 2014 15 Jun 2014 21:25 #1603

What a beautiful job you did. Everything looks good. Do you also can and preserve your produce?

Happy gardening!

offgridhermit

Our garden 2014 16 Jun 2014 16:03 #1624

• freakykate
  • Good Job(s): 1
This is GORGEOUS! I love the look of raised beds, to me its so nice and neat! Well executed !

Our garden 2014 17 Jun 2014 11:14 #1636

• Brando13
Thanks a bunch, I like to be a little different then the same ole, everything you see was built by us and it's awesome to hear good things about it. We mainly eat most of it or give to family, friends and neighbors that has an unlikely excuse not to grow their own lol. But my little town opened a little farmers market and was thinking about doing next year, but normally don't have enough to can in the end

That sounds awesome, I've been thing about chickens also, im about 70ft from my neighbor and codes says minimun 100ft, I've been workjng them over a bit and theh just need to sign the waiver, i think im almost there!

Integrated huh? Some solar panels, batteries, arduino's mabye a few actuators for automated doors and hatches on timers, led light sensors, motors, gears and tracks with gps moving the portable coop on time everyday at different coordinates to even the natural patterns , im getting a head of myself but yeah bring the new age technological era to some old school farming I'm all about that haha! Wow it would be limitless! I never coded before but you ha e learn sometime.
THINK, DESIGN AND BUILD!

Our garden 2014 17 Jun 2014 12:59 #1638

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
I myself have an Arduino microcontroller and it is definitely limitless what you can do with sensors and a couple servos:) You can get sensors to test the pH in the soil, the moisture content, etc. etc.. Then you can hook all that up to an automatic watering system!

The coding will not be too difficult considering a lot of people have already done the coding in one way or another. I think the language they use is "Basic" which is as the name implies.

Should I start another topic on the Arduino to control our chicken coops? Then as we find information online we can add to it:)

Our garden 2014 17 Jun 2014 15:56 #1639

• Brando13
Yeah see that's pretty cool, I didn't know about the ph and moisture sensors and I bet a bunch more humidity shoot you can control the entire enviroment of a greenhouse from your computer or smart phone, I bet there's an app for that lol.

I think will take dive and get me a beginner's arduino and start learning how they work,

A new thread would be great, I can imagine some contraptions other's can come with and inspire others to create and build!
THINK, DESIGN AND BUILD!
  • Page:

Moderators: MKK-FARMS