Welcome, Guest
We are looking to build a large (easy to access) library on everything from keeping chickens, organic gardening, aquaponics, to preserving all the foods we produce. So please consider writing articles for all our members to enjoy!

Post an article HERE!

TOPIC: Where to buy seeds

Where to buy seeds 31 Jan 2014 08:21 #939

• brelza
I was thinking it would be nice to have one spot where everyone could post where they got their seeds to start out with or where they buy them on a regular basis. I'd like to get non-gmo seeds and some more variety this year...IE purple carrots and potatoes, etc. I'm getting a little tired of the same ol' stuff and would like to liven up our garden some :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Where to buy seeds 31 Jan 2014 18:15 #940

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
Right on Bre:) We have an article about safe seed companies HERE!

I got some newer seeds this year and I am looking forward to this new growing season for sure:)
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...

Where to buy seeds 02 Feb 2014 06:41 #941

• BrianV
  • Good Job(s): 10
I've got to say nice job on the seed company list Matt, it's real nice broken down by state with direct link's to the companies. I used it about a month ago and have a couple new catalog's in hand, although I save a lot of my own seed, I'm always on the lookout for new and interesting varities, thanks again
dirt under your fingernail's is a sure sign of clean living
Good Job(s) from: Panda

Where to buy seeds 03 Feb 2014 22:19 #947

• Panda
  • Expert Member
  • Good Job(s): 41
We plan on saving more seeds this year. It was nice to see some companies to get a start on seeds though. Thank you so very much!
I have spring fever so bad!! We have started planting inside. Looking forward to home grown!
Come to my garden and sit with me...
Among the flowers and honey bees...

Where to buy seeds 04 Feb 2014 22:06 #952

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
BrianV wrote:
I've got to say nice job on the seed company list Matt, it's real nice broken down by state with direct link's to the companies. I used it about a month ago and have a couple new catalog's in hand, although I save a lot of my own seed, I'm always on the lookout for new and interesting varities, thanks again

Awesome man:) Happy they helped you! You need to put up a magazine so people can buy your seeds! Ha ha ha!!

Where to buy seeds 04 Feb 2014 22:08 #953

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
Panda wrote:
We plan on saving more seeds this year. It was nice to see some companies to get a start on seeds though. Thank you so very much!
I have spring fever so bad!! We have started planting inside. Looking forward to home grown!

No problem at all, I'm going to be starting some seeds in a little greenhouse soon:)
  • Page:

Moderators: MKK-FARMS