Welcome, Guest
We are looking to build a large (easy to access) library on everything from keeping chickens, organic gardening, aquaponics, to preserving all the foods we produce. So please consider writing articles for all our members to enjoy!

Post an article HERE!

TOPIC: What are you planting from saved seeds?

What are you planting from saved seeds? 11 Jan 2014 05:34 #604

• BrianV
  • Good Job(s): 10
You guy's are funny Eric, Panda and Matt, you make me laugh. Matt, I'll definitely have some pictures this year
dirt under your fingernail's is a sure sign of clean living
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are you planting from saved seeds? 15 Jan 2014 00:50 #655

• nnrdms
  • Good Job(s): 1
I am planting almost everything from saved seed...tomatoes, peppers, watermelon, cucumbers, beans & zucchini, pumpkins & sunflowers. I'm looking forward to spring already!!
NN:-)
Good Job(s) from: CDfromKY

What are you planting from saved seeds? 15 Jan 2014 02:58 #656

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
BrianV wrote:
You guy's are funny Eric, Panda and Matt, you make me laugh. Matt, I'll definitely have some pictures this year

You said it and I am fully trusting you to follow through! Can't wait:)
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...

What are you planting from saved seeds? 15 Jan 2014 02:59 #657

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
nnrdms wrote:
I am planting almost everything from saved seed...tomatoes, peppers, watermelon, cucumbers, beans & zucchini, pumpkins & sunflowers. I'm looking forward to spring already!!

Welcome to the site!!

When are you going to start your plants? I think I have a month or two before I can start my pepper and tomato plants indoors:)
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...

What are you planting from saved seeds? 17 Jan 2014 11:37 #709

I grow from saved seeds in the "volunteer" process... I just do a terrible job cleaning up my garden and let mother nature take it's course.

Do all of the seeds you save/grow come from heirlooms? I have in the back of my mind that if you plant seeds from hybridized plants, then you won't be guaranteed to get what you planted...

After a few years of doing that with carrots I got purple carrots! And my Bachelor Buttons ended up all just ended up white (or maybe purple? I can't remember - those were from a few years back and I moved from that house).
  • Page:

Moderators: MKK-FARMS