Welcome, Guest
We are looking to build a large (easy to access) library on everything from keeping chickens, organic gardening, aquaponics, to preserving all the foods we produce. So please consider writing articles for all our members to enjoy!

Post an article HERE!

TOPIC: Cucumber trellis & garden update

Cucumber trellis & garden update 17 Jun 2014 19:34 #1649

• Brando13
  • Good Job(s): 13
Hey everyone,

I decided to make a little video of the cucumber trellis I made the other day, to mabye give others some ideas to build off of. Its my first video on you tube and well, it's not any hollywood production thats for sure lol. I hope you enjoy

Cucumber trellis & garden update:

THINK, DESIGN AND BUILD!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Good Job(s) from: HBLovely49, lovetheswamp

Cucumber trellis & garden update 18 Jun 2014 15:23 #1655

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
Good stuff bro!! I did a couple videos on how to make cucumber trellis as well. Mine was very basic compared to this one!

I'll bet with the one you made you can grow pumpkins from it:)

Little video help: if you have an iPhone turn the phone sideways when you do a video to get a wide shot;)
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...

Cucumber trellis & garden update 18 Jun 2014 15:58 #1659

• lora_lee
  • Good Job(s): 2
Nice trellis. Your cucumbers are going to love it.

Cucumber trellis & garden update 18 Jun 2014 18:30 #1664

• Brando13
Thanks a bunch, my wife showed me a video editing app I had to try out, I have no clue what im doing. I think I'll probably stick to pictures but it was a lot easier though than to describe each pic, other then the waiting for processing on youtubes side it only took about 30mins all together, shorter and more detailed would have been better too.

I might have to try and work some in, we have quite few pumpkins going and honestly never dawn on me huh.... :dry: , that could save some valuable walking space, I was starting to regret planting so many but its easier to take 'em out then to put it. Hmm a giant walk through tunnel would be awesome, and take care of everything at once. And we could play really cool games in there....
THINK, DESIGN AND BUILD!

Cucumber trellis & garden update 19 Jun 2014 00:51 #1669

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
I thought the video was cool bro! Definitely keep them coming:)

Something like this seems easy enough to build and it would look so cool! I would grow a lighter pumpkin though, sweetie pie pumpkins are awesome!

image_2014-06-19.jpg

Cucumber trellis & garden update 19 Jun 2014 06:19 #1670

• Brando13
Mornin matt,

Ahh man thats pretty cool and cheap, next year we will try out those pie pumkins would be neat just to see them all hanging. We have 4-5 giant pumkins that grew rogue in the compost pile then we planted 8 of those bumpy multicolored decorative ones, can't remember the name off hand, I think the multicolored ones only get about 8-10" in diameter so it might work,im not sure but iIwant to try it!
THINK, DESIGN AND BUILD!

Cucumber trellis & garden update 19 Jun 2014 10:18 #1673

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
Morning bro:)

My wife makes ice cream, cheese cake, and pie out of these sweetie pie pumpkins. They are really good and when they are fully grown each pumpkin gives you two pies!

This would be fun to build and your sweetheart can easiely pick them for cooking.

I wish I could find my seeds I would send you some. If I do I will hit you up and send them to you:)

Cucumber trellis & garden update 20 Jun 2014 03:22 #1684

• Brando13
Pumpkin pie is my favorite dessert, I normally eat so much around thanksgiving that my wifes grandma makes a seperate pie just for me each year so other's can have some lol...no prisoners or remorse when it comes to pumpkin pie lol...

Unfortunately, my wife didn't inherit her cooking skills (I hope she doesn't read this) :P but Im sure with a little love (more like sacrifice :dry: ) I could convince her to get her grandma's recipe, it's really good, and carry on the tradition.

Man that would be cool, im not growing anything special but I would trade if you notice something we have you would like to try. I only have tomatoe that I keep every year and nicknamed after my daughter, but each year we decide on a perfect fruit and keep the seeds, they're aittle smaller than a racquet ball, and very long and crazy vines, lastyear's was just shy of 14ft, most perfered those last over any others we had.Funny thing is I don't like tomatoes lol
THINK, DESIGN AND BUILD!

Cucumber trellis & garden update 21 Jun 2014 07:02 #1695

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
When my sweetheart makes the pumpkin cheese cake I am like a bear! It is good stuff:)

As we show our wives love and support they do things that we need I have learned. When they know we really love them they want to love us:) My wife was not a very good cook ether but something happened to her because (no kidding) she cooks great now!!

Eventually we are going to have an area on here for seed swaps!

Cucumber trellis & garden update 27 Jun 2014 09:50 #1791

• Brando13
You got that right, and that right there is the secret that most seek and seldom understand until its too late, I know personally...but I guess those bad decisions led me to eventually make the good decisios that brought me to where im at today. Its another key that gets you closer to what I imagine, a simple life.
THINK, DESIGN AND BUILD!
  • Page:

Moderators: MKK-FARMS