Welcome, Guest
We are looking to build a large (easy to access) library on everything from keeping chickens, organic gardening, aquaponics, to preserving all the foods we produce. So please consider writing articles for all our members to enjoy!

Post an article HERE!

TOPIC: Water system:)

Water system:) 22 Jan 2014 17:13 #843

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
I had to hire my brother in law to install a watering system on my raised beds because I been working so much and he needed the cash. He sure is doing a great job:) It is one of those "drip" systems but the heads are sprayers. I will do a video when he is done but I think this is going to be cool! It will be attached to a timer:)

How do you guys water your garden?
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Water system:) 28 Jan 2014 06:21 #912

We use a hose I drag around from bed to bed. But after we get the soil going for the in ground garden we are planning to build a pipe that will go the entire length with hoses at each trench(we irrigate). So all I will have to do is turn on the water & all will be watered at once. Of course the raised beds will still have to have the hose(hence we have a Y on our faucet out there! LOL

Water system:) 28 Jan 2014 11:06 #921

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
I would've just kept using the hoes but as the growing season progresses the plants seem to need more and more water. I did not want to just stand there and water the plants because I have a lot of work to do as well:)

Water system:) 29 Jan 2014 04:47 #928

Same here with the more water as the season progresses. With temps that can hit 120 here in the summer we really have to pour the water on everyday. But I have a system where I water every other trench each day. That way the plants get water each day, but my trenches are all wet everyday. But the raised beds have to be watered everyday too. But I water those while the trenches fill.

Water system:) 28 May 2014 16:27 #1397

• Marcelle45
  • Backyard Organic Chickens & Garden
  • Good Job(s): 2
Where is the video on the water system you put in. Like I said in a previous post my backyard is work in progress so I might just add one more project into the mix.
Marcie

Water system:) 28 May 2014 17:19 #1403

• rsmith
  • Good Job(s): 10
We use the soaker hoses drip system. Works great! We do have have to repair a couple this year.

13.jpg

13.1.jpg
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances...
Last Edit: 28 May 2014 22:10 by HFI_Matt.
Good Job(s) from: HFI_Matt

Water system:) 28 May 2014 22:09 #1413

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
Marcelle45 wrote:
Where is the video on the water system you put in. Like I said in a previous post my backyard is work in progress so I might just add one more project into the mix.

No video on that just yet. My system would not really fit your garden but If I could I would do things different. My beds are 12" high so I would dig another 12' deep and run PVC right down the middle of each bed. Then run sprinkler heads right up to the top of my beds and put a 360 degree heads on them to spray the beds. Or you can connect a drip hose so you can move it around as needed:)

I will end up making a video so you can see what I did my friend!
  • Page:

Moderators: MKK-FARMS