Welcome, Guest
We are looking to build a large (easy to access) library on everything from keeping chickens, organic gardening, aquaponics, to preserving all the foods we produce. So please consider writing articles for all our members to enjoy!

Post an article HERE!

TOPIC: Yacon

Yacon 28 Dec 2013 14:56 #332

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
cindy_4797 wrote:
I am in a few seed swap groups and have shared what we harvested this year. Which consisted of Harlowe's Heirloom Okra and Holstein cow peas. In return I got several different varieties of Heirloom seeds. I have a few extra and also have ordered 65.00 worth of Bakers Creek and another 4000 seeds from the seed guy. When we go to planting, I will make sure I post what I have left to share. Being the Heirloom variety mix, of course we just couldn't go "natural".. The husband likes to "throw me off" at times and so, now I have some Purple Cauliflower and some strange looking lettuce stuff that is supposed to be cabbage. Now,for the fun part. How to cook these things without taking away very much of the nutritional value.. Ah, the farmer's life is made for me.... lol <
Never a dull moment around here...

There are times I want to do some seed swopping then I think some people just do not understand what real organic nonGMO seed is so would need to personally know the person and there gardening practices. Nothing personal, I just like keeping my garden as organic as I can:)

True, never a dull moment here ether! HA ha ha!
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Yacon 28 Dec 2013 15:00 #333

• cindy_4797
  • Chicken Mom
  • Good Job(s): 4
Oh, I can relate to that. We use NO chemicals in our garden... and I wonder if some people actually do when they send seeds.. So Far, I have a handful of people that I can trust.
Cindy Jack Beard Jr.

Yacon 28 Dec 2013 15:49 #335

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
cindy_4797 wrote:
Oh, I can relate to that. We use NO chemicals in our garden... and I wonder if some people actually do when they send seeds.. So Far, I have a handful of people that I can trust.

Same here:)
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...

Moderators: MKK-FARMS