Welcome, Guest
We are looking to build a large (easy to access) library on everything from keeping chickens, organic gardening, aquaponics, to preserving all the foods we produce. So please consider writing articles for all our members to enjoy!

Post an article HERE!

TOPIC: Preparing ground with tractor

Preparing ground with tractor 28 May 2014 21:07 #1412

I hope someone may have some idea on farming with tractor implements. I have always prepared small gardens with tillers, hoes, one wheel mules etc. but I want to increase my garden size and utilize my tractor. I have several implements at my disposal but what to use to get the job done is my stopping point. I know I have two options on breaking ground, one with a disc and two is with a PTO tiller. Im leaning towards the tiller for quicker ground prep. vs. disc (thinking the disc will take many more passes to get the same effect). Next is what Im needing help with. Not sure what implement to use....middle buster to make rows or a tine harrow, really not sure. Hope someone here has done this and could help shine a little light on the subject. Sure wish my papaw was still around to help me.....

Oh yeah...If it helps, I have a 1980 Massey Ferguson 245 tractor.

Thanks in advance!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Preparing ground with tractor 28 May 2014 22:56 #1417

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
Sorry my friend, I really can't help you with that but have you thought about using the Back to Eden method of farming? This video is long but watch it and tell me what you think bro:)

The film is at the bottom of there page. CLICK HERE!
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:

Moderators: MKK-FARMS