Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Gertrude, the Evil Hen

Gertrude, the Evil Hen 29 Dec 2013 09:42 #351

• streetwalker
  • Good Job(s): 18
Gertrude, the Red Star, has many other names I can't post here. She is the instigator of chicken mayhem. Gertrude is the golden hen in the third photo.

I first found out about her devious nature when she did a sideways slide, Mission Impossible style, under my closing garage door. She had a spell where she would frantically tap on the sliding glass door of my bedroom so she could lay her egg in my antique basket. She would throw a chicken hissy fit if the basket wasn't lined with her favorite blue towel. The beige towels wouldn't do.

Her favorite hobbies are; eating black widows, walking on fresh cement, and leading the flock into our neighbors yards. And, yes, she does cross the street.

g1.jpg

g2.jpg

g3.jpg

g4.jpg
Last Edit: 05 Jan 2014 06:16 by streetwalker.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Good Job(s) from: HFI_Matt, Kelly, CDfromKY, Panda, tracey_p, Channahs

Gertrude, the Evil Chook 29 Dec 2013 11:16 #354

• Kelly
Oh my goodness, that is hilarious! When people look at chickens and comment that they have no personality or are just dumb animals, I think of stories like this and chuckle to myself, "You have no idea!"

Story well told and great pictures too. The chicken feet in the concrete is precious!
Life is Good!

Gertrude, the Evil Chook 29 Dec 2013 15:50 #356

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
streetwalker wrote:
Gertrude, the Red Star, has many other names I can't post here. She is the instigator of chicken mayhem. Gertrude is the golden hen in the first photo.

I first found out about her devious nature when she did a sideways slide, Mission impossible style, under my closing garage door. She had a spell where she would frantically tap on the sliding glass door of my bedroom so she could lay her egg in my antique basket. She would throw a chicken hissy fit if the basket wasn't lined with her favorite blue towel. The beige towels wouldn't do.

Her favorite hobbies are; eating black widows, walking on fresh cement, and leading the flock into our neighbors yards. And, yes, she does cross the street.

Loving it my friend:) Do you have any clearer photo's of her? If you win the image will be put up on the home page image slider.

Admin Matt
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...

Gertrude, the Evil Chook 29 Dec 2013 15:53 #357

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
Kelly wrote:
Oh my goodness, that is hilarious! When people look at chickens and comment that they have no personality or are just dumb animals, I think of stories like this and chuckle to myself, "You have no idea!"

Story well told and great pictures too. The chicken feet in the concrete is precious!

Kelly, I know right? They are awesome!

Admin Matt

Gertrude, the Evil Chook 29 Dec 2013 16:05 #358

• streetwalker
I'll take a look Matt. I could always take another photo, but she's at the end of her molt and is looking a little shabby right now.

Gertrude, the Evil Chook 29 Dec 2013 16:21 #359

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
streetwalker wrote:
I'll take a look Matt. I could always take another photo, but she's at the end of her molt and is looking a little shabby right now.

Keep in mind it is not a beauty contest:) I think the way she looks in a molt will just add to her evilness! Ha ha ha!

Matt

Gertrude, the Evil Chook 03 Jan 2014 13:03 #459

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
Don't forget to share your chicken story to make sure you don't miss out on the prize! If you're not sure what you're missing go back and read the rules:)

Thanks - Admin Matt B)

Gertrude, the Evil Chook 04 Jan 2014 08:19 #464

• streetwalker
Matt, I shared the story on FB when I originally posted it. I can give you the URL to my FB page, but I think only people on my friend list can see my posts. I would be delighted to add you as a friend if that's okay. Here's the FB URL: www.facebook.com/cheryl.bunnell.5
Last Edit: 04 Jan 2014 08:25 by streetwalker.

Gertrude, the Evil Chook 04 Jan 2014 12:22 #469

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
streetwalker wrote:
Matt, I shared the story on FB when I originally posted it. I can give you the URL to my FB page, but I think only people on my friend list can see my posts. I would be delighted to add you as a friend if that's okay. Here's the FB URL: www.facebook.com/cheryl.bunnell.5

I don't see it at the cop of this page. Did you give me it somewhere else?

In any case you posted it here now so your in:)

Gertrude, the Evil Hen 21 Jan 2014 15:06 #812

• Channahs
  • Runs with Scissors
  • Good Job(s): 3
Hahahaha! That is too too funny! It appears that she has started her own little gang. :silly:
  • Page:

Moderators: MKK-FARMS