Welcome, Guest
We are looking to build a large (easy to access) library on everything from keeping chickens, organic gardening, aquaponics, to preserving all the foods we produce. So please consider writing articles for all our members to enjoy!

Post an article HERE!

TOPIC: Computer Programmed Coop!!

Computer Programmed Coop!! 17 Jun 2014 17:36 #1644

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
This is awesome:) This guy uses an Arduino Micro controller to automate some functions in this chicken coop! I have an Arduino and I would like to get it to open and close my coop door but I am just starting out myself.

There are so many things you can do with this thing. I bet you can program it to post updates to a twitter account letting you know when there coop door is opening and closing or maybe make it so you can open and close the door over the web! How about setting up a chicken feeder that you can put on a time release so your chickens get just what they need and not waste feed ever again!

Check out this video and post stuff you find on how you can use programing or electronics to run your chickens:)

He who has a glass house should not cast stones...
Last Edit: 18 Jun 2014 10:35 by HFI_Matt.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Cumputer run Coop!! 17 Jun 2014 18:52 #1648

• Brando13
  • Good Job(s): 13
That's what I pictured when you brought it up, you can have the fan, doors, feeder all hooked to it. Have the fan on remote or programed to turn at a certain temperature and those cpu fans are relatively quite.

You know that automated lawnmower that comes out cuts your yard and when finished goes back to the charging station, that would be sweet if it could be done with a chicken run, kinda,just make where it travels to certain locations, rotating the spots each day for even distribution.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense. Integrated gardening and farming could give that life back to those who lost it or those that couldn't in the beginning. My son has angleman syndrome and uses programmed push buttons to communicate, something alongs the lines with descriptive pictures could make it possible for him and others like him. Awesome thread Matt!
THINK, DESIGN AND BUILD!

Cumputer run Coop!! 18 Jun 2014 15:19 #1654

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
Thanks bro! When your searching around for ideas add them here! I am always looking to make garden life easier:) My dad told me to always work smarter not harder so using things like this is a must for sure!

My little niece has cerebral palsy (CP). My sister is facing some hard stuff but we love my niece very much so making her life easier is a must:)
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...
  • Page:

Moderators: MKK-FARMS