Welcome, Guest
We are looking to build a large (easy to access) library on everything from keeping chickens, organic gardening, aquaponics, to preserving all the foods we produce. So please consider writing articles for all our members to enjoy!

Post an article HERE!

TOPIC: My coop!

My coop! 28 May 2014 20:53 #1411

This is one of my coops that I built using an old 10'x10' storage shed for a hen house. After cleaning up the shed, I installed perches and nest boxes, also good place to store my metal garbage cans for their food! I took old hog wire panels that were used as old fencing in my back fields, (After I priced new panels,they were $50.00 per 16' panel). Panels were necessary to reinforce the coop due to coyotes and other critters. At the end, I wrapped standard chicken wire over the hog wire and chicken wire over the top due to a large number of owls that like to hang around the house. For the frame I used all treated landscaping timbers and treated 2"x4". I will take more pictures of the inside of the hen house and the completed outside coop. The following pictures are of when I was in the process of building. Hope you enjoy and hope this will spark an idea to utilize spare material laying around your place!

coop4.jpg

coop3.jpg

coop2.jpg

coop1.jpg

coop5.jpg

coop6.jpg
Last Edit: 28 May 2014 22:20 by HFI_Matt.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

My coop! 28 May 2014 22:32 #1416

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
Looking awesome!!! So I am thinking your going to cute a hole in the side of the shed and slapping in a coop door?

I think this dude has a cool idea on auto coop doors:)

He who has a glass house should not cast stones...

My coop! 01 Jun 2014 14:23 #1451

• Panda
  • Expert Member
  • Good Job(s): 41
Awesome looking chicken yard!

Matt I love the chicken door opener. It made me laugh. LOL
Come to my garden and sit with me...
Among the flowers and honey bees...

My coop! 03 Jun 2014 13:26 #1463

• MKK-FARMS
  • Good Job(s): 10
Great looking coop!
  • Page:

Moderators: MKK-FARMS