Welcome, Guest
We are looking to build a large (easy to access) library on everything from keeping chickens, organic gardening, aquaponics, to preserving all the foods we produce. So please consider writing articles for all our members to enjoy!

Post an article HERE!

TOPIC: Feed for your chickens!

Feed for your chickens! 23 Jan 2014 13:26 #854

• brelza
I haven't really tried but they killed everything off that was in the run. I want to expand the area to give the grass a chance so they have some green in their diet. I get organic feed from a farmer about 30 minutes from me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Feed for your chickens! 23 Jan 2014 13:39 #856

• Opabee
  • Opa
  • Good Job(s): 3
Sorry, I have been offline for a week. My feed is fermenting great. The hens prefer it over the original pellets that they use to eat. I have been giving them a choice of pellets and fermented feed and there are always pellets and no fermented feed at the end of the day. I have noticed the eggs have a thicker shell than before. I had one hen molting and her feathers have grown back extremely fast. I am not sure if the feed had anything to do with that or not. They both look great and seem happy!

Opa
"Eat honey, my child, for it is good."
~ Proverbs 24:13

Feed for your chickens! 23 Jan 2014 14:22 #858

• HFI_Matt
  • ~ Humble Servant ~
  • ADMIN
  • Good Job(s): 108
Awesome Opa:) Have you grown any fodder for your chickens? I would like to make a system to do it but I am yet to see a good system to keep my girls fed.
He who has a glass house should not cast stones...

Moderators: MKK-FARMS